Search This Blog

12.09.2010

Stupid People Breeding

I was having a pretty decent Sunday, lounging with Landon and getting some stuff done for finals while Jason was at drill.  My plan was to just stay in my PJs, inside, away from the cold, all day. Why I deviated from such a great plan, I do not know.  But I did.  I made the big mistake of trying to tackle a trip to my "favorite"  place (insert sarcasm indicator here), Wal-Mart.  ugh.... shouldn't have done it.
After I survived the over hour long ordeal I managed to escape without saying out loud all of the things I thought- mostly "dear gawds!"
At least I have Landon to talk to while I'm there now.  He's functioning at a higher level than most of the other people that were around.  So when I'm having a hard time biting my lip, I just look at Landon and say "yep. I know." and he looks back at me with the "where the hell did you take me" look.


30 minutes just to check out (as usual) then I loaded my car, got Landon settled into the car seat, and I had to just sit there for a minute.  Just decompress from all of the toxicity of the unhealthy people in that store. 


Right when I was trying to figure out if there was a way to prevent stupid people from breeding, a child started climbing out of his mom's shopping cart onto the back of the car next to me.  He continued to climb over the top and slide down the windshield, getting caught up on the wiper as he went, all the while his mom put her 10 month old in his front facing car seat that was obviously not strapped in tightly.  Why the car climber continued his fight with a wiper, the third child took off with the cart (that was taller than he was), right out into traffic.  Mom was still playing the oblivious card as she sat in the front seat, texting.  Somehow all of the kids made it into the car before she backed up into any of them.


I sat there, still a little disoriented and picturing myself at home, still in PJs.  (Why? Why? Why?)
Avoiding the people driving the wrong directions and cutting through parking aisles, I finally made it back towards home.  I found myself thinking again, those people are complete idiots AND they are breeding at faster rates that the rest of us!!  I wish the overly-intelligent people that are too busy to have kids and give the human race a real chance would at least come up with a solution for how to handle the stupid people taking over the world.  Maybe the greeter at wal-mart could stop checking off reciepts to help with theft prevention and start highlighter-checking condoms to help with stupidity prevention....

No comments:

Post a Comment