Search This Blog

6.27.2011

Life is a mean little she-devil (sometimes)

It’s been awhile since I have written in my normal (ambiguous, analogy ridden, sarcastic) style so I give my disclaimer to anyone who isn’t used to it.  Look at anything you read from me the way you would look at a piece of art. No matter what you think you know about the subject matter or the artist you can only assume you know what the painting is really about or what the artist was truly trying to convey.  There is always a back story. Assumptions can be made for curiosity sakes but conclusions shouldn’t be generated by those who lack the details.

If you ever have had the experience where you look in the mirror and think it looks like life just punched you in the face, then you can relate right now.  Splash of water followed by dabbing some concealer on my puffy eyes this morning I had to laugh that of all days for it to happen, today is the day my hair decides to look good.  Either that or I am actually getting old enough that my vision is just starting to go to shit and the delusions have set in enough that I just think my hair looks good. Well whatever the reason, I will continue to find the comedy and happiness in the cracks of the bad situations.
Anyway, forget the hair and the concealer and the vanity of my analogies for a minute. Point is, life has punched me in the face once again. She seems to like to do that from time to time and apparently now is one of those times.  And as strange at is sounds, I feel better.  It is like I knew this punch was coming this time and I have been waiting for it to actually strike for so long that the relief of it finally happening and being done with is welcomed. Also, maybe since life has done this to me before I feel a little more prepared this time to treat the wound, prevent the scaring, and begin the healing.  The healing is the part I try to stay focused on.
In my analogy of this life that is throwing punches at me, some people might wonder why I didn’t duck and just avoid the punch altogether.  So I feel the need to explain that my fist-throwing life analogy machine has big red boxing gloves on rotating wheels that will inevitably come back around until they make contact.  In other words, there are some hits in life that are inevitable and out of our control and no matter how long we try to avoid them (ducking) they will eventually hit, usually square on with a resounding “wake-up!” after-ring.
As with so many other situations, I realize that I don’t have control over the punch, I can somewhat influence the initial reaction, but the truth is all I can do anything constructive with is the healing process so we might as well cut through the roller coaster of emotions and get on with getting over it already. 

Landon is  coincidentally learning his own lesson about getting smacked in the face as he slipped yesterday and his face met the floor front on. I'm glad he seems to have his mommy's resiliency and even with some bruises has brushed himself off and continued on.

No comments:

Post a Comment