Search This Blog

2.21.2011

slight regression...

Jason left this morning for his re-train which will have him living in bfe Texas for the next 6 months.  I fully expected to get a little teary eyed when we said our good-byes and even though I was feeling a little down for the rest of the day. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of holding it together... but then I finally sat down tonight and looked around.  I realized that in the 10 hours I that I thought I was doing a good job, I might have been having a slight meltdown...
My living room has a giant pile of clean clothes that I started to fold but stopped after only getting through 5 of Landon's pants and shirts. There is also a pile of fabric scraps from the new curtains that I decided to make and hang on the new curtain rod at the top of the 10 foot tall windows (that I also installed this afternoon while standing on a board on a bucket on a chair because we don't have a ladder...). There's a stack of notebooks that I have been randomly taking notes in for my classes and while I have started 4 different reading assignments, I only have 3 sentences worth of notes. After some playtime and dinner for Landon, I realized I hadn't eaten anything today other than  a couple pretzels, a small handful of Landon's baby food puffs, and a few (maybe half a bag...) of Peppridge Farm cookies.  I decided that since my diet had obviously already been shot for the day, that ordering a pizza wouldn't be the end of the world.  I justified this decision with the fact that I had actually managed to successfully get the dishes done, put the ironing board away, and bandage my wounds from the fight I lost with the drill and curtain brackets.
Just to aid in cushioning my guilt with my poor nutritional choices, I decided to go with the thin crust, add some chicken instead of pepperoni, white sauce instead of marinara, and of course spinach (for something resembling a serving of vegetables).  After turning on the porch light and then yelling at the Domino's online order tracker  "'Mike' prep my order and get it in the GD oven already" I only had to wait 15 minutes before the creeper delivery guy was ringing the bell.  And yes, he did ring the bell, making the dog bark, and temporarily disrupting the bebe's sleep even though there is clearly a sign over said bell that politely and specifically says not to ring it.  I decided to base his tip strictly on his literacy level and not on his speediness or his compliments on the stairs that lead to my back yard (yes, he did....).
The pizza decision was justified when I added hot sauce to the mix, thus burning some extra calories and literally making me hot which means we get to the lower thermostat and save on the energy bill.  bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment